Virtual Visits allow you to connect with your doctor from the comfort and safety of your own home. They are available for all ages. We will offer you the same high level of expert, compassionate care that you expect in an office visit. More and more people are scheduling virtual doctor’s appointments in order to avoid unnecessary exposure to COVID-19. Telemedicine is a critical way to keep up with your medical care during this crisis but will also be a key tool going forward even after the coronavirus subsides.
Our team is here to support you through the entire process.
Make your appointment today: Contact us at 201-569-4445 and leave a message with your name and contact number and someone will return your call promptly. A staff member will walk you through the easy setup.
We use a licensed version of Zoom with a private & HIPAA secure connection.
For a Virtual Visit, you’ll need:
- A scheduled appointment
- A Connect patient portal account
- A computer, or iOS / Android mobile device (smartphone or tablet)
- Download ‘ZOOM Cloud Meetings from the Apple or Google Play app strore.
- A strong and stable internet connection
- You will receive an email from our team the day before your appointment with instructions on how to join your safe & secure ZOOM video visit.
- You will be asked to join your meeting 10 minutes before start time where you will be placed in a virtual waiting room. Make sure to have good internet connection, with your camera and microphone turned ON.
- Once finished, both you and your provider will end the virtual visit. Any next steps of care that you and your provider discussed will be inputted securely into your medical record and will be carried out, per your provider’s instructions.
Learn more about Virtual Visits at www.columbiadoctors.org/telehealth.
Leave a Reply